It’s sad to know that this great man has now passed. However, he left a powerful legacy for South Africa and the world to hold onto and embrace. I think Nelson Mandela was seen by the entire world as a man who was a great leader.
Although his activism (against apartheid) got him sent to jail for many decades, he use that time in his small prison cell on Robben Island to contemplate, meditate and think about life. Mandela left his prison cell a changed man.
Just recently I was reading a very engaging article by a wonderful leadership thought leader named Skip Prichard. Skip visited Robben Island himself, and while he was there, soaked up everything he could about the then life and times of Nelson Mandela. Skip made a list of Mandela’s greatest leadership qualities, which I’d like to share with you. Nelson Mandela demonstrated remarkable leadership qualities:
Nelson Mandela’s top 10 leadership traits
- He was a man of peace.
- He had a powerful presence and disarmed enemies with his smile.
- He showed the world what forgiveness looks like.
- He was positive, thinking about what could be.
- He was a visionary and could see the big picture.
- He was focused on goals and a mission beyond himself.
- He had remarkable endurance.
- He showed grit and determination.
- He was humble.
- He was full of hope, not hate.
If you would like to read more, visit: http://tinyurl.com/nelsonmandela-leadershiptraits