Steve Jobs, one of the co-founders of Apple is often held up as one of the great innovators and leaders of our time. I’d have to agree. The thing is, Jobs was far from perfect and had his floors like we all do.
Steve Jobs on leadership
In a nutshell, here are some of the things that Jobs passionately believed in, which we can all learn from as leaders who each want to get better:
- Focus on the most important thing to do and don’t get distracted.
- Simplify the way things get done.
- Take responsibility from the start to the finish of your work.
- Push for perfection, but no when good enough is enough for the moment.
- Engage people face-to-face.
- Don’t be a slave to groupthink.
- Stay hungry and stay foolish.